Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Not About China; I Couldn't Resist

Every morning, I take a little different route for my walk. Today, I headed south towards the schools...as I got closer, I thought, "Since school started last week, why don't I just go in and look at the intermediate school's library?'

So, I did.

As soon as I stepped inside the door, the memories came flooding back. And, oh, what fond memories they were.....

new school, new books filling new shelves, old books on new shelves, kiva for story telling, computers for research (many of the students didn't have home computers at that time, so having a computer was a great/fun/intriguing novelty for them, check-out station where each day eager/reluctant students would give their id number, little room for office, marvelous people to work with over the years: Joan, Susan, Linda, Beverly.


I will always consider it one of my greatest blessings to have had that job...to me it was a dream job; books and kids, what's not to love?!?!?!??!

No comments:

Post a Comment