Friday, July 1, 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For....

...you just might get it.

"I want to live in a big city," I used to tell Shauna.

Well, now I've lived in the third largest city in China - 34 million people.

Here's what I've learned....

"I really want to live in a small city."

Living in a big city is difficult to describe. But, even the smallest of tasks - going to the bank for a small transaction - takes an hour and a half of waiting and being helped.

No matter where we go, there are HUGE hordes of people.

The busses, subways, malls, streets, restaurants are FILLED with people.

The lines at check-out counters are always long and very slow.

So, I've learned my lesson, which is, I'm really a small town girl, thank you very much.


1 comment:

  1. Even when we were in college, you used to tell me how you wished to live in a big city!

    ReplyDelete