Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's the Little Things....

that remind me of why I love being in this country:

Brushing my teeth straight from the tap without having to wait for the water to boil each time.

Being able to access blogs and facebook.

Leaving a phone mail message; (there is no such thing in China.)

Getting a drink of water from any tap in the home.

Living within a short distance of things, instead of taking one hour and a half by walking, bus, and metro to go buy cheese.

Air conditioning.

Driving a car (it's old, but it works!).

Shopping for food that seems pretty safe and clean.

Using a public restroom without having to take my own toilet paper, soap, and towels.

Using a sidewalk for that: walking and not as a public urinal or spittoon.

Yet, even while I say all this: I have the utmost respect and admiration for those marvelous people we met in China.

They are good and wonderful. There is so much I would not want to change.

But, for me, I am used to the American way.

1 comment: