Monday, November 15, 2010

Doesn't Get Any Better Than THIS!

One of the great blessings that Allen and I have is that we have exactly the same schedule.

This is good because we walk to school together and talk about our lessons. Then after classes, we walk home together and talk about what happened in class.

It is also good because we can often see each other in the halls, and get acquainted with each other's students.

So, yesterday, this is what students told me after Allen's class when I happened to go into his classroom. (First of all, he always has a cluster of students around his desk...he is helping them, encouraging them, advising them, etc.)

After the 8:30 class, while I was waiting to talk to him, a very handsome young boy said to me, "We like Allen's class....he is a very good English teacher!"

But, perhaps the best compliment was after his 2:00 class while I was waiting for him so we could walk home, two girls in his class talked to me for a long time. At one point in the conversation, one of the girls was telling me what a good teacher Allen is, and she said,

"We NEVER fall asleep in his class!"

Now, that's a compliment!

1 comment:

  1. I have to know if he's pulled out the guitar yet in his class. As a former RAH student, I totally agree with them!

    ReplyDelete