Friday, December 3, 2010

The Vegetarian

"I NEVER get sick," she had said.

I looked at her as she peddled energetically down the road on her shiny red bike.

Several weeks ago, we had spent an afternoon and evening with Antje and her husband, Georg, both from Germany. She had told us she had been a vegetarian for many years.

Now, as I watched her ride on past, as I was suffering with a bladder infection - again - trying to stave off a cold, and my stomach ache returning, I thought....

"Hmm, I wonder? Should I?"

2 comments:

  1. Loni, I have a got a book for you. It's perfect! It's called "The China Study". It makes a very interesting case for cutting out animal proteins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loni...I don't know if you check facebook very often. Wade is in China! Any chance you are stationed in Hong Kong?

    ReplyDelete