Sunday, May 15, 2011

Assignment: Write about a Favorite Teacher

"Once he came to visit my parents and when he was ready to go back school, it's late and no meal was provided in canteen of school. So my father invited him to a dinner, but he refused politely and just did not want waste my father's money.

How kind and clean-fingered he is!"
Irvan

Oh, this expression totally made me smile. I just love the way these kids express themselves. They try so hard; they are amazing, really.

Eight more weeks.....I will miss them...

2 comments:

  1. I want to remember that phrase: "clean-fingered." That's a keeper. And sweet sentiment by the student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is being conveyed? -- He frequently had manicures, or
    -- Definition of CLEAN-FINGERED. 1: scrupulous. 2: deft.

    This is interesting: 2001 Major mass media in east China's Jiangxi province-- "Clean-Fingered Wives" Selected to Guard against Husbands' Government Official Corruption. Major mass media in east China's Jiangxi, marking the beginning of its first clean and honest wives competition.

    ReplyDelete