Friday, May 20, 2011

The Fall of Loni

CAUTION: graphic photo ahead.

Routine Friday night...

dinner with a couple of students....

walking home on a perfect evening...

stopping to watch a game of neighborhood men playing basketball....

turning to walk away....

stumbling on chunk of cement.....

crashing to the sidewalk - head on....

BIG goose-egg, swollen eyeball, sore knee

not such a routine Friday after all!

OUCH!
And, all is well; I'm totally FINE, except my ego - for once again- proving I'm not safe to walk around.


NOTE: Allen returned to the scene of the crime wanting to take a picture of the chunk of cement sticking up from the walk, and it had been repaired! The protruding cement chunk was gone...how can I sue now?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Loni, I am so sorry this happened to you. I was shocked by the awfulness of such an accident. Hang on, you are only weeks away from home. Allen, take care of your girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a shocking photo after a lovely stroll through Justin's pictures. That pic of you is so painful for me to look at. I'm sure not as painful as what you are feeling though. I'm so sorry and so grateful you didn't break you nose or orbit or knock out a tooth. Pretty impressive the cement was fixed so fast. Someone obviously saw you fall. Way to take one for the team and sacrifice your face for the good of all those coming along behind you. Never, ever doubt the difference you've made in China.

    ReplyDelete