Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fathers I Have Known

Today, I am thinking of fathers.
My father, first and foremost.
My father was the best of men. He lived like he believed. He was generous, kind, patient, thoughtful, and exceedingly private. I NEVER heard him use bad language or get angry. He was a musician, a speaker, and a wanna-be handy man. He was a man who treated everyone equally. He loved the Lord, his family, and his country. He was good to the core. Oh, how I miss this dear, dear man.


The father of our children:


Allen has taught his children to: fish, love nature and the beautiful world God created, to play the guitar, love music. He is a good man and the children were blessed by what he taught them.


My father-in-law. I have never met a man more faithful and in love with his wife than Hubert. Over many years, I grew to appreciate him. He was honest, paid his bills early, was outspoken, and was a wonderful handy man. I miss him.


My brothers are wonderful fathers; they have raised remarkable, talented, extremely intelligent children. My brothers parenting inspires me.


Our own three sons and our son-in-law: Each has his own "father" style, but, oh, what great fathers indeed. How I love them!


My grandfathers were the best of men also, as are my uncles and cousins.

I have been blessed to have been surrounded by good men my entire life. I consider that one of my greatest blessings....to have known and been schooled by great, good men.

And, to the greatest Father of All, I say thank you...my heart is overflowing today.

2 comments:

  1. Great tribute to the fathers in your life. You do an exceptional work on your blog. Your great grandchildren will thank you for it.

    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a perfectly beautiful and accurate tribute to the men in your world. You really have been blessed!! And I agree with Laurence...your blog is sooo awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete