Monday, March 14, 2011

The Speech Contest


25 students
One topic

So, what would you say is..

THE GREATEST INVENTION OF ALL TIME?

They said:

Mobile phone
Language
Twitter
Basketball
Hybrid Rice
Internet
Vehicles
Paper
Books
Compass
Electricity

Wow, phenomenal speeches; glad I didn't have to judge...oh, wait, they asked me to judge the all-school final speech competition.

I declined....too hard. I'm not good at that sort of stuff; they all do so well.

How do they do it? Speak fluently in a foreign tongue? Some have trouble with pronunciation, but their vocabularies are amazing.

Congratulations to you Chinese teachers over the years who have taught your students so well. You can be proud.

They rocked!

2 comments:

  1. What an honor that they asked you to be the judge! That is a real compliment to you. I don't blame you though. That would be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading all of your posts & enjoying them very much. I'm only just getting around to commenting because I've been on the run---as per usual.

    ReplyDelete