Monday, September 6, 2010

After 10 Days, What I....

wish I had packed:
my curling iron
my shorts and tee shirts - it's just way too hot, and at the last minute, in an effort to reduce the weight of the suitcase, I took them all out. dumb, da dumb, dumb
my pillow - I have the best pillow; it makes me not like other pillows.

am missing:
Hungry Howie's pile-it-all on pizza
veggie burrito from Taco Time...I need a Mexican (american style) chimichanga fix

am grateful for:
air conditioning; many of the students don't have it in their dorm rooms
the marvelous people in our branch and although we've met only a few, they are so wonderful, kind, helpful, and good.
that Allen is here to help me and to share this with me. I would be even more apprehensive if he weren't here to negotiate the myriad new sights, sounds, smells, and terrifying/death-defying taxi rides.

look forward to:
the reason we came - to teach. Of course, I am extremely apprehensive, but I am also eager to begin the job of getting in the classroom and meeting these marvelous young people.

Two graduate students who spoke good English. They were just walking down the street and we asked them to help us translate so we could speak to a sales person.

No comments:

Post a Comment