Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Great Dilemma


Guangzhou; it's a huge city.

It's beautiful, diverse, and with so much to offer; restaurants of many kinds, a circus, a zoo, marvelous malls and shopping centers.

But, the taxi rides scare the bejeebers out of me. My heart is racing right along side the crazy cab driver who is also racing....what's the big hurry?!?!?!?!?

So, do I sit at home reading my book which I could do just as well in St. George, Ut, or put aside my fears and venture out into the big wide world that is Guangzhou?

The answer is obvious.......
except I'm a chicken at heart, so the answer is not really that obvious after all!

3 comments:

  1. The only thing I can figure is that for taxi drivers, time is money. The quicker they get you to your destination, the more new clients they can pick up. Maybe offer a tip if they take longer to get there? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhhh yeah - i do think the answer is obvious. seriously obvious. don't watch the traffic. look down while you're in the cab...read a book or do a sudoku puzzle. take the bus. walk. ride in the trunk. offer to drive the cab driver. you have lots of options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love following your little adventure on your blog! I loved the weight weight post! I don't know if it was you or Allen who left the comment about us traveling so much, but tell him it is his fault that I have the traveling bug. That first trip to Europe with the the English department did it to me!

    ReplyDelete