Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oliver's Food and Wine...

and most important of all...

Western Brands;

Star-Kist Tuna, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers (which I had been craving), Campbells Soups, hamburger patties (from Australia), Butterfingers (which I don't like, and didn't buy, but they have them for the Americans who love them!)

Pricey, but a taste of home!

Ah, such Western decadence.

Chye - our next door neighbor and fellow foreign teacher - looked on in disgust as I gleefully went through the small shelves of familiar brands and items. Chye is having such a grand time eating Chinese food (he's originally from Malaysia of Chinese descent, so he loves the food here.) I'm sure he was thinking I should be eating the more healthy/less expensive fare of the Chinese.....

But, I will continue to try the local food - after all, that is part of the experience and the adventure; it's just that every once in awhile, I will now sneak in a Campbell's tomato soup, with little Goldfish swimming around the bowl, for a taste of the familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment